Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Thursday, October 27, 2011

10 months old

My little guy is 10 months old now. It's hard to believe. He had his check up at the doctor and everything was looking great. He weighs 21lbs 6oz. He's a good bit bigger than Caleb was at this age. He's 28 inches long, as the doctor put it ... he's short and stocky. Apparently my children have inherited my height (or lack thereof). The doctor commented that Caleb is short and stocky too and Caleb looked at her and said, "No me stocky... me Caleb", such a cutie! Caleb was with us at the appointment so that he could get his flu shot, and man ... it's hard to entertain 2 little ones in a closet sized room while you wait for the doctor to come, and then wait for the nurse to come back to give shots. Ethan desperately wanted down, but I didn't want to let him crawl all over the floor and Caleb was just ready to leave so he could get his sucker from Ms. Bobbie.


Both boys did great with their shots, Caleb obviously still doesn't associate the doctors office with getting shots (which I'm thankful for) because when the nurse came in to give shots at the end of the appointment, she asked me who I wanted to do first, but before I could think about it and decide, Caleb piped up with " Caleb's turn!" So he went first and cried for about 2 seconds. Ethan cried a little longer, but both were fine by the time we left.


I can't believe how big Ethan has gotten, and believe it or not, his crazy hair isn't so crazy anymore. Something about turning 10 months old tamed his hair a bit (or maybe its the cooler weather). Either way, over the past week, his hair has started laying down instead of sticking straight up. I've gotten several comments that I need to cut it so it'll be shorter and stick up again. Everyone loved that crazy hair, and don't think I haven't considered it, but he's adorable however his hair is behaving at the moment.


At 10 months old Ethan is crawling like crazy, but still an army crawl. He's pulling up on everything, all the time, but hasn't quite figured out how to get back down. So he pulls up and when he gets tired of standing he either lets go and just falls or he cries until someone comes to his rescue. This has happened quite a few times in his crib. He pulls himself up and can't get back down so he cries and cries until I come lay him back down.... and then, of course ... he just does it all over again.


He's still eating some baby food but we're adding more and more table food to the mix, and he loves it. The boy likes to eat. He sleeps great, except for the fact that he wakes for a bottle between 4-6am almost daily. I'm just gonna have to quit giving it to him to break that habit. He does go to bed at 7:30 and after the quick snack in the early morning hours (it only takes him about 5 minutes to drink his bottle of formula) he goes back to sleep until around 8am. So I hate to complain, because I don't know what I'd do if he woke at 6am and was ready to start the day. I'm not a morning person. But still, I know if I work on it, I can get him going a bit longer at night.

He's such a sweetheart. He loves his big brother and would follow him anywhere. His little one toothed smile is the cutest thing ever, and it's not hard to get that smile out of him. He's a happy boy. It's a little bittersweet, but I'm looking forward to when he's a little older and can actually play with Caleb. We're still in the stage where Caleb plays with his toys on the table or couch or on his bed because otherwise all I hear is "no no E-E" as Ethan destroys the beautiful line of cars Caleb has made or whatever he happens to be playing with. But I know it won't be long and they'll be playing like best buddies.

We're so thankful for this sweet little guy!



This post ended up being longer than I anticipated so if you're still reading, thanks.

1 comments:

Emilee Odette Garrett said...

I got tickled the other night in the nursery because he was stuck "up" on a toy. He was so mad and sad! He was fine once someone helped him down. Cute!

Post a Comment